The Priority Of The Church [AUDIO]
What is the priority of the church?
And why do we get so many different answers by so many different people? Some are really into the church while others say they are “done” with the church. Some are very ardent in their commitment, while others are pretty ambivalent about their stance on the whole thing.
In this message I take a look primarily at the priority Jesus placed on the church, along with several other key verses.
(If you can’t see the sermon player, please click here.)
- What is the priority of the church?
- Very consequential
- For you and your friends and those you’ll meet
- Differing views
- What is the definition of a priority?
- What are your priorities? What do you give things up for?
- Where are you at? vs. Where should you be?
- Jesus’ prioritization of the church
- Loved and gave himself up for (Eph 5:25)
- Consuming zeal for God’s house (Ps 69:9, John 2:13-17, 1 Tim 3:15, 1 Pet 2:5)
- MY church (Matt 16:18)
- His body
- His bride – loving your best friend’s fiance
- Other verses
- Gates of hell shall not prevail (Matt 16:18)
- Created all things for the church (Eph 3:9-10)
- Eternal purpose (Eph 3:10-11)
- Means of the Kingdom
- Sheep w/o shepherds (Matt 9:36-38, Heb 13:17, 2 Cor 10:8, 13:10)
- Pillar of truth (1 Tim 3:15)
- For all nations
About Josh Christophersen
Josh is a software engineer, church planter, and blogger with a passion for helping people do their life well. He lives in KC with his wife and 7 kids.